Composers useless

Huge classical fan here. Added my classical files and am sad to see that though I can have a column for Composer there is nothing to show. It is as if there was no data in the Composer tag.
More, having Composer as a sorting/organizing view in addition to Albums/Artists/Tracks would make Decibel v2 useable.

What format are the files that should have composer data? I assume it wasn’t imported correctly so it could be a format support issue.

Vast majority are from my own CDs I am ripping - going to take ages but we very much want to downsize. I load CDs into Music.app, gathering tags from Gracenote, modifying them to suit my own preferences. I then rip to ALAC using XLD.

All other players, including Decibel v1, show the Composer tag/fields just fine.

Is the composer information in the track info window also missing?

Yes, the field is correct there.
Genre column info is missing, too, yet shows in the info window.

The issue was a misalignment in the text fields. It’s been fixed and I’ll release an update soon.

Good news. How likely is it you might roll in a Composers view a la Artists, Songs, Albums, and Playlists?

Works great.

Now what are the chances to get a ‘View’ for Composers like the Playlists, Albums, Artists views at the bottom of the app window?

Anything is possible, but I’m not sure if that is something that most users would find useful. Maybe?

Pretty please? :wink:

Any consideration will be appreciated.

Best workaround would be to use the search function for a conductor. The results give the albums for said conductor. Trouble is the results are screwy. For example, I have 99 albums for Beethoven. The search function says I have 3. I have 93 Brahms’; search says 11. So, useless.

I just don’t see Decibel for me. Sad. I used v1 for many years and hoped the new version would see me again using it.

The odds are that if you would find it useful that someone else will too. I’ll look into how much work it would be to add a Composers view.

Could you start a new thread with the incorrect search results? Please include the search term and a track that either comes up that shouldn’t or doesn’t that should, and its metadata.

Meh. I’m not sure that having the composer view would be all that great. I assume it would work as does the Artist view. That is, I’d select a composer and then just get a popup window with the albums listed. As I haven’t really been using it much, I’ve just used the Tracks view and had forgotten how the Artists view worked.

I was thinking what would be great was after clicking a Composers view there would then be a window with composers and clicking one would then have a new big window with tiles for each album. Short of that I’m not sure in Tracks view, first sorting on Composer then scrolling to the desired album, wouldn’t be better than navigating the popup window.

So, might as well scratch the Composer’s view idea. If Search can get right it seems that would give me the view I want - a graphical display of album covers.