Deleting all from Album View

One thing I’ve noticed, is that it’s possible to select all tracks and delete them in one action by doing Select All (Command + A, Right Click, Delete from Library) and this will delete all tracks. However, if I do this in Album View, the exact same sequene will only delete the album under the cursor.

Is this as it was intended?

Edited to say, I’m on Beta 11.

This is the intended behavior but whether it is the expected behavior is open for debate. I’m inclined to say that it’s probably not the ideal way to handle right-clicks.

I think it would better meet expectations to handle this like the Track view- if the item that is right-clicked is part of the selection then perform the action on the entire selection, otherwise perform the action on the clicked item only.

I know for sure that’s what I expected :slight_smile:.

In fact I was relieved to find out I could delete-all from the track view.

I’ve changed the behavior for the next release. Now the Album and Artist views act in the same way as the Track view: if the item that is right-clicked is part of the selection then the action is performed on the entire selection, otherwise the action is performed on the clicked item only. I’ve also added a visual indication of which items will be affected by the contextual menu action.

As an aside, it is possible to delete the selected items from almost any view using the Delete command in the Edit menu (or by pressing Command-Delete).