Syncing with watch folder

Why the delay of sometimes over an hour?

If unavoidable can we have a menu bar item for ‘Sync now’ or some such?

Been overnight and latest additions to sync folder have not shown up.

About how many files/folders are in your watch folder? Syncing can be an intensive process (it’s more or less a re-import) so the time taken can vary quite a bit- although overnight seems excessive by most any measure. Generally the file system event processing should start within 3 seconds of the file system change.

I should have been more clear. I was writing about it never even starting.

Now, having said that, since the network muckup, the updating has been working although a couple hours at least before beginning. Since the muckup there have been three times needing updates.

I am in the process of digitizing my CD and LP collection, should I live that long. On a good day I’ll rip 6-8 CDs and add them to the synced folder. So, pretty much every day I’m doing a several CDs update/sync. My son-in-law says that his Audirvana update lags, too, but has a button to start scan. It’s a minor PITA as he has to Preferences>Sync to get to the button. I like my idea written elsewhere to have a menu bar item for forced scanning.

1212 folders with a gazillion subfolders. 1.89 TB total. Do you have plans for Decibel v2 to report library stats?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.